Beloved pets hold a special place in the hearts of their owners. From their silly antics to their unyielding loyalty, they can be counted on for a laugh or a smile. For many, life just wouldn’t be the same without their trusted companions. There may come a time in a pet owner’s life, however, when daily living activities become more difficult to complete independently. This can be due to aging, medical issues or other health conditions. When this happens many individuals seek in-home care services for themselves in order to stay in their own familiar surroundings while reviving support. Still, questions may remain regarding pet care.
Proper pet care is essential, and even though much has been disrupted due to COVID-19 there is still access to give them the support they need. Here at Aqua Home Care, we understand the bond between pets and owners. It can be especially challenging during these troubling times to ensure that pet supplies remain well-stocked at home, vet appointments are kept either in-person or through an online portal, and more. We take pride in referring trusted caregivers to those seeking support at home, and when pets are involved services exist to support them as well. Pets offer many benefits to the lives of those who love and cherish them, and we aim to help keep these beloved companions with their owners for as long as possible. Your trusted caregiver can help with:
- Transportation – When your pet is in need of a visit to their groomer or veterinarian, your caregiver can drive you and your pet to their appointment.
- Shopping – Your caregiver can accompany you in the store to purchase pet products or, as social distancing is recommended, assist with online ordering.
- Feeding – Offering the proper food at the right intervals for your pet is an important daily routine your caregiver can help complete.
- Medication reminders – Keeping track of when pets need their medicine and reminding their owner helps keep pets well.
- Cleaning – Making sure your home is clean is essential for the health of you and your pet. This can include heavy house cleaning and, as it pertains to pets, the cleaning of accumulated pet hair, accidents, and other messes.
- Impending hazardous weather- In the event of a hurricane, your caregiver can assist with finding a local shelter for your pet in the event of an evacuation as well as gathering supplies beforehand.
- Other pet care needs – Different pets have different needs. Some may need to be walked or relieve themselves outdoors while others need their litter box changed.
When the time comes for you or your loved one to begin receiving in-home care, know that it is possible for pets to be cared for as well. Caregivers offer a wide-range of services that allow them to meet the unique needs of each individual client as well as provide care for their dear companions. Aqua Home Care is here to find such support and help those in need of care stay in their own homes with their treasured pets.